Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Weekend!!




Finally, the weekend!!!

It all started out great. Every Saturday morning that Z has off from work, we have a cinnamon roll picnic on our bed. L woke up around 7 and I fed her. I didn't feel like taking her back to her crib, so we cuddled for a good hour in Z and I's bed. I don't let her lay next to Z because he gets a little crazy in his sleep. And by crazy I mean that he tosses and turns violently and has smacked me in the face on numerous occasions. It's funny in hindsight....

G woke up at 8. I greeted him with his usual sippy cup with milk and a little bit of Karo syrup to, um, keep him regular if you know what I mean. haha. We all sat on the bed eating our cinnamon rolls and watching our favorite Saturday morning show, Property Ladder. I don't know what it is about this show, but it's just like a trainwreck that I cannot help but watch. What on earth gives people the idea that they can flip a house with $10k, not know what they are doing, and make a huge profit?? Something AAAALLLLWWWAAAYYYSS goes wrong, and we love it! We always end up shouting at the t.v. and reassuring each other that we would do sooo much better than that. haha!

Aunt B showed up around 9ish to help out with the kids while Z and I prepared to paint the house. Yes, we are undertaking quite the project. It flows into the insanity that is us putting our house on the market. But first, it is off to the DMV to renew my tag on my car. I figured it would be a short little jaunt to the tag agency and then to Home Depot. Boy was I wrong. I forgot to bring my current car insurance AND my drivers license was expiring in 2 days. Ugh. I had to take my new picture with no makeup on and my hair slopped back into a ponytail. Whatever, it's not like I show anyone anyways. Z made sure to make fun of me about it. Gotta love him.

After Home Depot, we returned home and started painting the house. My assignment was to get the flowers planted and looking good. I was happy to take on this chore because ladders terrify me. If it wobbles even a little bit than you can forget it. After a few hours the flowers were planted and our new plants were potted. I have to say I did quite the job. But the job that I did does not even compare to the job that Z has done on the house. That man is such a workaholic. I tried to help him paint and I was bored and hot after 30 minutes. He was out there allll day long for 3 days straight. You have to love a man that goes out of his way for his family. I know I do. Sheepishly, I retreated to the house several times to feed L. I'm the lactating one, so by default I get to feed her, woo! I hated to use that as an excuse to bail out on painting, but gosh darnit, I did anyways!

That night we stopped painting by 6 in order to spend some time with the kiddos. I really hate when I get caught up in other activities on the weekends and don't get to give G and L my full attention. Working full time does not allow for me to be busy with anything other than them on the weekends. So we ran around the house with G who has recently been bestowed with some crazy energy. I have no idea where it came from, but that kid is a land rocket. He never stops. Whether he is chasing us with a swashbuckler, eating dog food, throwing toys, "feeding" his sister, climbing on the table, high pitched hysterically laughing, or spinning around in circles he never ceases to amaze me. It is like we have our own entertainment show at the house. I really could watch him for hours...ironically, I do. So we spent some time with the kiddos and headed off to bed by 9:30. We are such party animals!

L slept all night long, so it was a good night. Sunday morning started off with pancakes and bacon! G has taken quite the liking to bacon. He doesn't really understand how to say more, so he holds his hand out making a grabbing motion and says "mmmmmm". And then if you give him what he wants he starts giggling insanely. But if you bring him the wrong thing, oh my. The mmmming turns violent and then the screaming and crying ensues. I usually get it right on the second or third try, thank goodness.

After breakfast we all headed back to the Home Depot because we severely underestimated how much paint we would need for the house. A couple gallons of paint and a few more plants later, we spent another $100. That store is a black hole for our money. We returned home to start the whole process over again, and luckily Aunt B was there to pitch in. It wasn't blazingly hot like Saturday, so we let G run around outside with us for a while. He tried to help by sweeping with the giant broom. It was so cute. He took particular interest in the potting soil. I realized that it is not too difficult to wash out of clothes. G likes to test our boundaries. He likes to take a step towards the street and then look back and grin. He's lucky he's so darn cute. After about an hour and a half, it was time for him to go back inside for some lunch.

We wrapped up around 6 again, but we still aren't finished. We will have to finish next weekend. I have to give Z props. He is amazingly dedicated to the task at hand...just like he is to our family. I am so blessed to have that man in my life. I sure hope he knows that. I'm hoping to get back to a normal weekend again where we can all relax and hang out as a family doing things that we love. However, I feel as though it will be a while before we can do that.

On a side note, I have a little Hollywood update: Sister K sat next to Kelly Kapowski at a restaurant in L.A. this past weekend!! Yes, 'the' Kelly Kapowski!! Wooooo!

2 comments:

  1. "That's the first time I ever lied to my daddy!" (Hugs stuffed animal with one side of shirt falling off shoulder...) B-B-buh-buh-buh-B-Bayside!

    Post a pic of the house when you and Z finish painting it! Just leave off the directions, k?

    ReplyDelete