Friday, June 12, 2009

I would say that this last week has been quite eventful. Not eventful as in we went to Disney World, the Poconos and Wisconsin, but busy as in my kids are crazy busy all the time. They are keeping me on my toes, but are just awesome to watch!

As I think I mentioned earlier, L and I are having some nursing issues. She wants too, she doesn't want too, she wants too, she doesn't want too. *sigh* I discovered a good soothing technique to use when I nurse her. I just sing her a little Weezer and she focuses in and "gets the job done". haha. Her personal favorite is "My Name is Jonas". I have to say, it's one of my faves too.

G has been a little busy body. He is constantly discovering new things and exploring EVERYTHING! For instance, he has discovered the kitchen sink. What he has discovered is that he can knock everything on the counter into the sink. And that he can also go get all of his toys and put those in the sink as well. It was a quick reminder for me to make sure that I drained the sinks. Although turtle Tuck enjoyed his swim. haha.

I spent a good portion of the week getting swashbuckled by G. His Nana bought him a swashbuckler (sword), made out of foam of course. However, when you continuously whack somebody with it, it does start to hurt. He loves to chase us and the kitty around the house with the swashbuckler. It's 30 minutes of entertainment for him...which is long in toddler time. And any "babysitter" I can find is helpful. His other favorite activity this week was unpacking what I packed. We are living with Nana and Grandad while our house is on the market, as to avoid cleaning it every 5 seconds. So we were packing everything up and G had sooooo much fun unpacking everything. After he would unpack our stuff he would then happily place his favorite toys in there. It was a little frustrating, but hilarious to watch. I think I resorted to tying him up in the corner while I packed. Just kidding. I did consider it, though.

The other night we were eating dinner and Nana and Auntie KK got into an argument. We all started arguing and KK started laughing and pointing at G. I turned around and he had his fingers in his ears!!! It was hilarious!!!!! We all got a good laugh at that...and soon forgot what we were arguing about. I have no idea where he learned that from. He is learning all sorts of new things these days. We have been teaching him to sign for more. I think we started teaching this to him at 6 months old. We weren't having any luck, but we kept signing regardless. So we were sitting on the bed the other morning and he was drinking his milk. He laid the cup down and lifted his hands above his head to signal "all gone". I was shocked at this because he had never shown that he 'got' the correlation. And than, as if I wasn't shocked enough already...he signed "more". I thought that surely he was just being silly. So I picked up the sippy and I couldn't believe it!! It was empty!! It really was all gone and he needed more!! My child is a prodigy!! Well, maybe not, but I think he's pretty smart.

Things are going smoothly at Nana and Grandad's house so far. We look forward to selling our house so that we can start seriously looking. Come on full price offer!!!

2 comments:

  1. We sign with our kids- it's awesome. Keep it up, especially now that he "gets" it- you will be so glad you did it.

    According to the lady who taught me (I took 3 months worth of classes), kids who sign as babies on average have an 8 pt IQ advantage to their peers by the 3rd grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing!! I'm having trouble making them up fast enough!

    ReplyDelete