Friday, June 5, 2009

Dog Food, Shoes and Cap'n Crunch

It's been a pretty uneventful week so far. Z has had to work 3 out of the 5 days this week. So those are always harder. The kids and I have had a good time, though. G is seriously into eating dog food. I just don't get it. He won't eat most fruits...but he eats dog food? Gew. He likes to use the dog food scoop to carry the dog food around. That is fine. It is only problematic when he decides to pour it out in, say, a laundry basket. Or...on his sister's head. Sweet boy. Couldn't love him anymore.


He is finally starting to learn how to hug. I tell him I want a hug and he will actually put his arms around my neck now. I say "squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze" and he giggles and squeezes me. Ahhhh, sweet baby. Speaking of sweet, he shoved some Captain Crunch in L's mouth the other day. I bet that was sweet. She didn't seem to mind, but I'm not quite sure she's ready for heavy starchy cereal. I think we'll stick with breastmilk for a while. G also likes to steal L's binky, run around the house until she cries, and then he shoves it back in her mouth. I'm not going to lie, sometimes he pokes her in the eye with it. Thank God she's such a trooper. I have a feeling G has a lot of payback coming his way someday.


G has a new obsession...and no, it's not dog food. This goes far beyond any dog food craving he might have. He loves shoes. Not his shoes, but my shoes. Yes, my son loves women's shoes. I think he prefers them over Z's because there is more of a variety of color. Anyways, he will walk to our closet and knock on the door. That's what he does when he wants to go inside. He will go in there and rummage through all of my shoes. He searches until he finds the perfect unmatching pair for him. He will shimmy around the house with them on, and then when I sit down he will shimmy over to me and yank on my foot. When I lift my foot he slides the shoe on. Given, it is usually upside down, on the wrong foot or bottom up. Sometimes I will let him tug on my foot for a bit before I lift it just so I can hear him say "naaaaaah. naaaaaah" I have no idea what that means, but he purses his lips up and opens his eyes as wide as they will go. Cracks me up. I hope that's not considered torture.


L is just as precious as ever. We are having some difficulties breastfeeding...as in, she prefers the bottle because it flows faster. Grrrr. Darn bottles. Too bad I can't just bring her to work. Now that would be fun! I could have the pack and play in the corner for naps and the boppy under my desk for feedings. I'm sure the clients would really appreciate it. Ha!


New house drama is still continuing. I find that Z and I get way too ahead of ourselves. We have started looking for a new house and we haven't even gotten ours on the market yet. Buying is always more fun! Z has the crazy idea that we should build. I don't think I'm quite ready for that just yet. I guess only time will tell. Having 2 kids has shot my patience to hell. And I'm pretty sure you need patience to build a house.

Z is loving life as a paramedic. After more than 2 long and trying years he is finally done! We couldn't be more proud of him. When I say we, I mean me, because I'm not sure the kids have any idea whats going on. G can't even say banana yet, so I doubt he understands daddy's job. I love that fireman!

As far as I go, not a whole lot is new with me. It is a struggle just to keep on task everyday. Working full time and having 2 kids and a husband that works 24 hour shifts can be a bit difficult at times. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way, except maybe the no working part. I always have so much to do at home and that is not always the case at work. But I do know that in times like these, I am thankful to have a job, and a great one at that.

I'm really itching to get some more pictures taken by our most favorite photographer. It's a little pricey, so Z is making me wait. We do agree that she is worth every penny. I can't wait to get our next family portrait done with our new addition! She is so smiley now, all we need to work on is getting her to smile on que. Come to think of it, her brother doesn't do that...and neither does Z. Hmmm. Interesting.

1 comment:

  1. BigM has tons of payback coming to her from LM. It's tough being the younger child. Ask my little bro.

    ReplyDelete