Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sold!!

I can't believe that it is actually true, but we sold our house. 2 weeks. 2 weeks?? Yes, that is correct, 2 WEEKS AND IT SOLD!! Z and I could not be more ecstatic. We were ready for a long and miserable summer of showing the house and than not selling it and then taking it off the market and then moving back in and whining. Pessimistic much? Yes, thank you. After a really super short 2 weeks we got an "okay" offer on it. We countered back with more than the asking price and they accepted!! We could not be happier. We decided that we could actually have some fun and look for houses now! Well, that didn't last long because we fell in love with the third house we saw. It is amazing. 4 bedrooms, 3 WHOLE baths...none of that 2.5 crap. It's got 2464 sq ft. The utility room actually has counter space!! It's funny the stuff we get excited about in our old age. I am secretly excited that we have a formal dining with carpet because I shall put our children's toys in there so I can watch them while I am cooking or watching tv. Muahahahaha. Z seems to think we are going to put a dining room table in there. We'll see how it goes. If all goes well we should be closing on both properties no later than July 31. We are sooooo excited!!

We celebrated Father's Day last week. This is Z's 2nd official Father's Day and he is now the father of 2. It makes me worry about next Father's Day. He had to work on the 'actual' holiday, so I told him we could do something fun for him on Saturday. What does he choose? To go to the movie and see Star Trek, sans children. haha. I guess all father needed was to regain sanity by distancing himself from the kiddos. I can't blame him, sometimes you just need a break. I must admit, it was not the most heinous movie I have ever seen. Suprisingly, I enjoyed it. Captain Kirk was pretty hot and it was quite funny. We went to the station on Sunday to visit. G was being his usual land rocket self and running around picking everything up and throwing it in the trash. He's so cute. Now if only he would learn how to pick up after his Dad and fold his laundry. I'll have to work on that one.


L is really starting to develop a personality. I have to say that she is quite charming. She literally can melt me with that cheesy grin of hers. I have never met a baby who was so into eye contact. G is all over the place and has never cared about it at all. But L will fuss, and if I am across the room and turn and look her in the eye she stops. She will stop fussing and laugh. She is always looking at my eyes waiting for me to make eye contact. It is really impressive. I know I haven't been around a lot of babies, but this just seems so unusual to me. I love it. I know that when she is looking at me, she is actually 'looking' at me. Weird. She is still rolling, but not quite as much as before. Apparently she thinks she has conquered that skill. She is getting really really good at reaching out and grabbing what she wants. She can easily grab the toy on her carseat. She will just stare at it and concentrate. She slowly extends her little hand and SHE'S GOT IT! She's always been pretty good at removing her binky from her mouth, but just in the last couple of weeks has she been able to get it back in her mouth. She will take it out and start fussing. She will eventually get it back in and then do the 'sleepy, roll eyes in back of head' grin. I love that. We just recently started a new thing. When I get up to nurse her in the morning, I nurse her lying down. She is doing a great job with that and it is starting to be much easier than wrestling her into position with the boppy. My favorite part about the new arrangement is that when she is done we cuddle up and snooze for a bit longer. Ahhhhh, she'll only be little for so much longer.


Nana took us shopping this weekend. And by us, I mean she took me shopping to get some stuff for the kids. Why did she do this you ask? Probably because she wanted to get L some jammies because she is sick of seeing my babies sleep in t-shirts. I tell her there is no problem with it, but apparently she thinks that babies need cute jammies, and if she's footing the bill, how can I argue? L got lots of cute jammies and outfits. G got some new t-shirts (Wolverine and Batman to be exact), 2 pairs of flip flops and a pair of tennis shoes. His flip flops are probably the cutest things I've ever seen...aside from my children of course.

G is completely obsessed with his new flops. When we got home he made me take them off and put them back on about 1 million times. I think I'm developing carpel tunnel. He finally got tired of that game and moved on to the one where he puts his flip flops around his wrists and runs around in his diaper with one flop on his foot. That was a fun game. I think my favorite part about his flops is that the ones with the little crabs on them have eyeballs that shake when he walks. so cute. G has the craziest hair ever. It is starting to resemble Bea Arthur's hair. When your 20 month old son starts to resemble a Golden Girl, you know it's time to chop those locks. I'll have to get on that, but I lack motivation. I like how it blows in the wind. I like sudsing it up in the tub. You can really get a good lather with lots of hair. What is the deal with kids when they get out of the tub? G never ever voluntarily gives me a hug. So why is it that when I get him out of the tub he jumps in my lap and gives me the biggest bear hug EVER? He is never that snuggly, but he seriously hugs me for at least a full minute. Even though I end up soaking wet, I still can't pull myself away and secretly like it. I won't be able to enjoy hugs like that forever. So I shall enjoy now! We topped the night off with some bedtime cuddles and him falling asleep in the half nelson hold. Yes, that's right. I have to wrestle my son to sleep sometimes. *sigh* Love it.


This evening we are leaving for the in-laws house. We are super excited to go and cannot wait to hang out on the beach...lake beach that is. At least we don't have to worry about sharks!

No comments:

Post a Comment