Friday, June 19, 2009

This has been a different kind of week for us. We are living with Nana and Grandad. It's not a bad thing, it's just a different thing. We are still working on getting a routine going and making everything flow easily. As smoothly as it is going, we still want to sell our house STAT. We have had several showings, but apparently nobody is *that* interested. They are obviously missing out on the total coolness of our pad. I mean, come on. It's complete with baby toys and a pink nursery. Geez, it doesn't get any cooler than that!

One of the big issues in Nana and Grandad's house is the stairs. It is impossible to remember to bring everything up the stairs when you need it or down the stairs. I am constantly running up and down those stairs looking for the boppy, spitty, binky, a shoe, a sock, and an occasional Wonder Pet. It never ends. And just as I get up the stairs L will start to cry from downstairs. So I have to run downstairs. And then, of course, G is interested in the stairs. So then I have to comfort her and rescue G from a terrifying plummet down the stairs. He is obviously not too frightened by them. When I was at work the other day apparently G decided to stair surf. And by stair surf, I mean that he pushed to hard on the baby gate at the top and surfed down the stairs on it. I'm thinking he liked it too much because he DOES NOT shy away from them. Now he just tries to relive that experience. Toddlers. Yikes.

G has really had a rough couple of nights sleeping. He usually goes to bed without a single problem and doesn't wake up until 8am. He is literally the best sleeper ever. The last three nights he has thrown a fit when we lay him down. Horrible screaming fits until we go in there. I have to pick him up and lay on the day bed with him for about 5 minutes and then I tell him "night night". Last night he just looked at me and smiled. Cue heart melting into a pile of liquid on the floor. So I picked him up and snuggled with him for a minute. I laid him in his pack-n-play and snuggled him up with his favorite blankies, a.k.a. night nights. I walked out and he didn't make another peep. I'm thinking that he is probably over stimulated at Nana and Grandad's house. Too many people to play with. Too many fun things he must be missing out on by sleeping.



L hit a big milestone this week. She rolled over. I thought it must have been a freak accident, but nope. I'm not so lucky. She is definitely rolling over. This frightens me because G didn't roll over until he was 6 months old. Shoot, he didn't even show signs that he could move until 5 months! I think I knew that L was going to be getting around a bit sooner than G, but 3 months?? My baby girl is growing up so fast. Oh my gosh, toddler, rolling baby and stairs. My worst nightmare! Yeah, she looks pretty nightmarish....or no.



Last Friday Z had to work, so Nana decided she was going to bathe the kids. She wanted to do it all by herself. I will certainly not argue with that. She bathed G, put lotion on him, brushed his hair and got him dressed in his jammies. Then she did the same for L. When she was getting L dressed I heard a loud crash coming from the bathroom. I ran in there and apparently Nana had not let out the bathwater. Because there was G chilling in the tub in his Batman jammies. He had the funniest look on his face. It was a mix of "this is awesome" and "I think I'm in trouble". Too cute. I'm just glad I was paying attention and heard him jump back in. Daredevil I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment