Friday, August 7, 2009

Finally, we are moved in. Can I just say that I freaking love this house? It fits all our needs perfectly, at least as far as I can tell. The kitchen is great and the granite is just delightful. The kids rooms are perfectly placed as is the master. The master tub and shower are fantastic, and the backyard is perfect for the dogs. Okay, I know, I'm a little out of control with house love right now. But I'm sure that will wear off when the first mortgage payment is due. G was cracking me up at the closing. He kept picking up my purse, putting it on his shoulder, starting to walk out the door, stop turn around and say "Byyyyeeeeeeeee" and wave. I could have peed my pants. Seriously, it was that funny. So not only does he like shoes, musicals and lip balm, but now he wants to carry my purse on his shoulder. Love it!!

While I'm talking about G, we better cover his recent word explosion. New to the ever expanding vocabulary:
"Byeeeeeeeee"- although I think we already covered this one. He likes to drag out the 'e' at the end as long as possible. He also adds his signature wave a.k.a. lobster claw clasp.
"shews"- This is what some people would refer to as shoes. He says it allllll the time and if I say shoes he will go grab his and bring them to me and say "shewsssss".
"shhhhhhhh"- He likes to use this one if sissy is sleeping, or if he thinks anybody is sleeping, or frankly, if anybody sits still for longer than 30 seconds.
"diddy"- In 2 yo language, this means sissy. He knows exactly who she is and what her name is, er, what we call her. We haven't quite worked on the full L name, but he gets the sissy thing.
"day deeeeeeese"- This one I just taught him last night. It is actually 'say cheeeeese', but I like the way he says it better. He pairs it with a big toothy grin.


L is doing great. She is such a happy baby and so mellow. She wakes me up each morning with cute little coos and giggles from her crib. We are still nursing, WOO!! That is a huge accomplishment for us after all we went through. I broke down a few days ago and decided to give her a little sample of baby food. She had some banana in one of those mesh feeders. To say she loved it would be an understatement. She devoured it and then sucked on the mesh feeder for 5 minutes. G never did anything like that, so I was shocked. After I knew that bananas would be safe we tried green beans. She wasn't too thrilled about these. However she did learn how to blow one heck of a raspberry, or would that be spitting it out...not quite sure about that one. Either way, it was a spitty, slobbery mess. At least she looked cute doing it! She is quite the little roller now. Not only does she roll from belly to back, but now she rolls from back to belly with just as much ease. It really makes me curious to see if she will hit other milestones faster than G...but trust me, I'm in no hurry.




All is well in our little house and we couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment