Monday, July 27, 2009

Random Happenings

It has been too long since I wrote. Hence, we have some catching up to do.

L must have been going through a crazy growth spurt. She was getting up literally every 2 hours at night to feed...or should I say snack? Her sleep pattern has seriously been a roller coaster, not a terrifying one, but a good one. She seems to be settled back down now. I put her to bed around 9pm and she is usually up by 5am to eat. Sometimes she wakes up because she has wiggled down and gotten her legs stuck in the crib slats. Luckily she goes right back down after she eats and will sleep for another 2-3 hours. On the other hand, G is starting to snap out of his temporary sleeping strike. He is doing quite well these days.

G is doing great these days. His favorite food is still m&m's. I know, I'm a stellar mom. He piles them into his mouth super fast and then drools chocolate. He will then sign 'more' to anyone who will look at him. But I can tell he's not done bc his cheeks look like he just got his wisdom teeth removed. He is learning to use a spoon and fork. And by learning I mean that he uses it very well for a moment and then he uses it to fling food everywhere. I figure he realized food gets better air with a sling shot than just by throwing it. He loves to hold the leash when we go walking with the dogs. Picture Santa's sleigh if you will. That is just what we look like except that "Santa" has a little brunette elf in the back and instead of 8 reindeer there are 3 giant dogs. His new favorite word to say is "MIIIIINNNEEE"! We can thank his Nana for that one. I'm personally amused because he says it in his scary voice, almost as to warn you that it is in fact his and you shouldn't touch or you will face the consequences.


We took the kids to Sarah's pool to swim. L got to hang out with baby Lola...well, as much as two infants can hang out. It was nice for Z and I to get to relax in the pool and have a little drinky poo. I guess it wasn't exactly relaxing. First of all it was hotter than the dessert. The kids were slathered in sunscreen. G broke many rules that day. First, he enjoyed running around the pool, and everybody knows that is not okay. Than he threw food in the pool, that is also a no-no. Than, just for icing on the cake, he decided that he loved running and jumping into the pool. He has no fear of water, scary. So we literally had to keep our eyes glued on him the entire time because you never knew when he was going to want to jump in. As long as we were watching it was pretty darn cute. I shudder to think of what it would have looked like if we weren't watching.

G still loves to play outside. He straps on his Dora bicycle helmet and runs up and down the driveway. It is hilarious. His face is completely relaxed when he runs so his cheeks jiggle like crazy. And he goes "uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh" the whole time. The spelling really does not do the sound effects justice. Every now and then he plays with the soccer ball. For instance, the other night the neighbor boys were outside playing soccer across the street. G imitated (or tried) to imitate everything they did. When they would miss the ball, G would run and go get it for them...sound effects and all. One of the boys went to go get the ball one time and slipped and fell. So what did G do? He laid down in the street. I know, I know, I'm terrible. But the way he did it and the sound he made was priceless. As awful as it may sound, we often hose him down when he is done playing, but he is an active participant. He runs over and grabs the hose, which he knows how to turn on, and tries to water the plants. Well, watering the plants turns into watering mommy which turns into watering himself. He will hold the hose straight up in the air and laugh hysterically when he gets wet. And voila...there you have yourself a nice country bath!


Mornings without Z there are getting pretty hectic. G follows me around with my shoes and whines. He wants me to stop getting ready and sit down so he can put different shoes on me. I really want to play along, but not when things are crazy and rushed in the morning! Things are so crazy that the other morning I actually drove to work only to realize that G and L were in their car seats in the back. Sheesh. And for the record, I check every morning after I drop them off because I don't want to be one of those moms who left their kid in the car all day. So sad.


On a closing note, I just want to add 2 random things:
1. We found a cozy cruiser on the street the other night by some trash cans. It's ours now!
2. Z sprayed bear repellent in our garage when we were packing to move out. Just for reference, it burns like a.....well, you know.
3. The house is sold and closed on!!

2 comments:

  1. Dwight Shrute would be very proud that you own bear repellant.
    Did you get a 3rd dog???? What is its name? I may need to name a child after it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha! no, we were staying with my parents and walking their dogs. They have 3, but they are definitely worth namesake!!

    ReplyDelete