Friday, May 29, 2009

Do I really want to do this?


Uggghhh. So I have been debating for some time now about starting a blog. I have always been terrible at things like this. I can't even begin to tell you how many diaries I started as a kid, that have *maybe* two dates in them. Not to mention each entry was about half a paragraph long. I think maybe I am an undiagnosed ADD kid. But I digress...as usual.


I thought long and hard about it, and finally decided to just go ahead and start it. It will be fun to look back on and remember all those funny things my kids did. With all the memories, it can be impossible to keep up. It seems like I always keep a ton of pics, but where are the words that tell the funny stories? The answer is that they are nowhere!! So it's time to get with it and just do it! Of course, that's what I say about working out as well. hahahahaha. Diet starts Monday!


So it seems as though we are going to put our house on the market again. Again? Yes, again. I think we were being house snobs when we tried last summer. We knew what we wanted for it and what we felt we "deserved", but buyers don't really give a crap about that...now do they? I know I wouldn't. So Z is painting the house an amazing and refreshing shade of tan. That's right. It's the tan color that makes you want to snatch a house right up! My mom is watching G and L while he works. I am off to rescue her when I get off work.


Last night we spent a lot of time outside. G just cannot get enough of it. It doesn't matter if it is rainy or scorching hot outside. All he cares about is being outside. We don't even have any cool trees or outside toys. He would rather stand in our front yard and wave at cars, and strangers I might add, for an hour as opposed to watching Oprah. I mean, come on, who doesn't watch Oprah? *sigh* So I have started complying with his wishes. I mean, standing in the yard and waving is probably the easiest I'm going to ever have it. There we were last night standing in the hot and muggy sunset, when low and behold I realize that the mosquitoes are out in full force. So I decided to take the kids for a walk in the stroller. Yes, I have one of those really big obnoxious double strollers. It seems to be 8 feet long and I can barely see G when I am pushing it. I thought if I walked fast enough than we wouldn't need bug spray bc the 'skitos' would get tired from chasing us. Nice logic, huh? What I was really thinking is that I'm too lazy to go inside and hunt for bug spray bc I never used it before kids. Well, I needn't tell you that my theory failed miserably and I am currently scratching myself into a red puffy mess. Why is it that mosquitoes bite your feet? Why can't it just be your arm and not something that you need to remove a sock and a shoe to scratch? Ugh!


Luckily the kids had no bites. Or at least they aren't complaining about any. haha! We walked and walked and walked and L just stared up at me the whole time giggling and cooing. She just makes your heart melt. She's going to be nothing but trouble in high school...I can already tell. Z carried G on his shoulders when we got back while he was mowing the lawn. I won't lie...it was a frightening sight. But G seemed to enjoy it and Z is pretty good at not dropping him. So it was a win win situation. After we got inside we got all cleaned up and started the bedtime routine. G cuddles up with Z and his 'night night' and sucks his own tongue. It sounds weird, but it is soooo cute. And, it kept him from ever needing a binky, so I'll take it! I fed L and then we cuddled for a bit. Both kids were down by 9:30. Yeah!!


Now for the best part.....she slept all night!! Woooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment